Thursday, September 15, 2011

3 classes in

So here's my preliminary evaluation of grad school so far

  • The classes seem to be just as hard, but not harder than, Swarthmore. Basically, a lot of Swattie profs treated undergrads like grads, which is awesome. 
  • there is a lot of reading, but I would not have any trouble with it if I was working 20 hours a week instead of 40, and trying to have a social life too
  • NYU, just like Swarthmore, has those annoying people who have to overshare and connect everything to their lives. I've already learned about one student's love life and another cried when an article connected with their personal life. And all of this was in class. 
  • grad school is awesome because you get lots of free booze and most of the socializing is in bars 
  • my fellow grad students seem really smart, easy to talk to to, and very interesting.
  • profs are good, seem passionate about what they are teaching
  • I'm back to making bullet points!

1 comment:

  1. This is my blogg! You will find topics related to fashion, travel, everyday things ... and what I was going to go!

    http://tania-cm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete